Friday, March 03, 2006

FR Update



First of all I was going to write "F Update" for the title but some of you with not-as-nice-minds might of thought otherwise. =D

Ok so Site News!

1. Drawing board has updated flip book. It is under the chat window.

2. Blog now has ads. This will help support Ani-Pock. More information on Google Ads.

3. Added Google Search to Blog. Note: The index is a work in progress

4. I'm taking suggestions for the link section on the right side bar. Right now it is just Apple and Ani-Pock. I'll remove Apple from it and drop in some web comics. But what comics would you suggest? I'm thinking Megatokoyo right now and Tsunami Channel. Post suggestions in the comments section.

5. Blog updates will be more frequent, with focus on Japanese Culture. I will update throughout the day, so check back later.

So with that in mind, lets start with Today's Japanese Culture update.

Japanese Culture: Learning Japanese Part 1



So I thought it would be fun to learn some Japanese since alot of you come here to watch the anime. I'm going to take clips from the 'Learn Japanese Podcast' which you can find here.

I'll clip out the 'most useful' parts and post them up every once in a while. Today we are going to learn to say 'Good morning' and how to reply.

To hear Today's lesson, just click this link: Learning Japanese Clip 1 (2 minutes)

Please Note! That is not me talking ! This is from the "Learn Japanese Podcast". I'm just clipping out he most useful part for you.

That is all for this update. I will update the blog througout the day, so check back later.

Pocky

Update: 11:29 AM.

Someone suggested a poll for who is Japanese and who isn't! Kamisori points out that polls are fun. Yup yup! Vote now:




Update: 11:44 AM J-Culture: Today is Girls' day

From about.com :

March 3rd is Japanese Girl's Day called Hina-matsuri (Doll Festival.) It's a celebration for Japanese girls. (Japanese Boy's Day is May 5th.) People display a set of hina ningyo (dolls) and props in the house, wishing girls' healthy growth and happiness.

I also found this picture of Girl's Day cellebrations at Disneyland:


[Bigger version]

Pocky




<< Return to the Front Page


5 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Poll today?
I was getting used to see a new poll everyday.
I have an interesting idea for one...
Why not use a poll and ask who is Japanese and who isn't?

So many people using "nihonjin" like names lately...
I know many things Japanese is the latest fad...
But some things just seem... silly!
I don't go around using "Doug", "John" or "Bob" as my name on forums and stuff.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Pocky said...

Will do!!!!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger gecko said...

For web comics i have a couple on my 'other' blog which are great, although not nescessarily Japan/anime related.

Go here and go all the way to the bottom of the page where the links are. There's VG Cats (about video games) and a RPG type spoof, the Order of the Stick (my favorite!). Enjoy.

 
At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May we make our own comic for it? If not, i'd put AnimeArcadia. It's pretty funny and amusing .

 
At 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was predicting results like this on the poll...

Perhaps a Music poll would be interesting?
I know there are some J-Rock/Pop fans about...

A good example of a mix of the J-Rock/Pop would be GLAY... ofcourse.
Considering thier name GLAY or "Gray"...
Mix between the Rock (Black) and the Pop (white).

I dunno? Just a thought :P

 


Post a Comment

Hey I want to see more cool stuff!!

(Oldest) September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 (Most Recent)