Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Off Topic: Story of the day

Offtopic post! Thought it was interesting/stupid...

12-year-old sticks gum onto $1.5M painting

A 12-year-old boy on a school field trip to the Detroit Institute of Arts stuck a wad of gum on a painting. Helen Frankenthaler's 1963 painting, titled "The Bay," is apparently valued at $1.5 million. The gum was removed but left a stain. The boy has been suspended from school. Image seen here is the painting, not the gum. From the Associated Press:
The museum's conservation department is researching the chemicals in the gum to decide which solvent to use to clean it. The museum hopes to make the repair in two weeks and will keep "The Bay" on display in the meantime, (curator Becky Hart) said.

"Our expectation is that the painting is going to be fine," Hart said.
Via USA Today.

Also guys, would you like me to keep this blog strictly Ani-Pock news or expanded to include intersting story finds such as today? I would only post the best. Updates would be more frequent as a result too...

EDIT: I would try to keep it Japan related unlike todays post. Counter reset.




<< Return to the Front Page


8 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Pocky said...

^_^

To which poll are you referring to? The gender one, the time spent on ani-pock or this one?

Pocky

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger gecko said...

Hey, Pocky I miss the interesting video links you used to put up (or are they somewhere else?) especially the Japanese ones!

I definately enjoy any news from Japan; I really miss living there...

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger Pocky said...

Hey gecko- I saw you on the forums.

Yes I used to have much more free time, and could collect video links from all over the web.

Recently though I did compile a gallery of my favorites. I've called it the "Best of Google Videos Project":

http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolution/Personal25.html

It's going to break 1 million hits soon!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger gecko said...

Sweet! I'll check it out.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I'm assuming you all live in the U.S.A. (the site's in english...) so I think news from North America (to include any possible canadians) would be good, if not better than Japanese news. I voted "yes" anyways since more updates=good

 
At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I wanted news on or about North America I would go to sites that are specifically for North American News.
When I come here... I come to read interesting storys, talks on various anime and other things I guess you can call "Japan" related.
I was actually surprised there wasn't a mention about Japan during the Olympics here...
Granted it was a good turn out...
But who would expect the Japanese to beat Canadians at Curling or even win a gold in Figure Skating?

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Pocky said...

=P

Yes, the current trend looks to favor adding Japanese related news. As for the Olympics, I actually did not get to watch that much! I really love the Olympics but I had school work! (Plus no tv in our room).

But I did get to see figure skating =D.

 
At 11:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I had to report on this yesterday, and my station manager made me emphasize that it was Wrigley's Polar Mint gum!

Ha ha!

 


Post a Comment

Hey I want to see more cool stuff!!

(Oldest) September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 (Most Recent)