Wednesday, March 15, 2006

WE Update - Past week of Japan in Photos

Japanese Culture: Past week of Japan in Photos


What's this?? More at 5 (hehe I'm in engineering lab posting now).
The little guy on top's name is "Tae"

A three-month-old Southern Tamandua, also known as an anteater, rides on the back of its mother "Tae" during a press preview at the Sunshine International Aquarium in Tokyo March 13, 2006. The baby Southern Tamandua was born last November, the first time an anteater has been born and raised at an aquarium or a zoo in the country, an aquarium official said. (REUTERS)

Anteaters tongues can be as long as 24 inches by the way.


A student who passed the entrance examination of prestigeous Tokyo University (Todai) flashes a victory sign as he is tossed in the air in jubilation at the campus in Tokyo Friday, March 10, 2006. A total of 2,768 students will enroll at the university in April this year. (AP)

If you have seen the anime/read the manga for Love Hina, then this is the university Keitaro, Naru and Mutsumi were after.


Japan's Gamba Osaka player Akihiro Ienaga, right, fights for the ball against South Korea's Chonbuk Hyundai player Choi Chul-soon during the AFC Champions League at Jeonju, south of Seoul, South Korea, Wednesday, March 8, 2006. Chonbuk Hyundai defeated Gamba Osaka 3-2. (AP)

Just thought it was a good photo =) In other news, here is a NBA player getting his eye poked. Not for the faint of heart or those wanting bad dreams!

Mao Asada from Japan preforms her short program during the World Junior Figure Skating Championship in Ljubljana, Slovenia, Tuesday, March 7, 2006. Kim Yu-na of South Korea took the lead in the short program after favorite Asada failed to complete a triple axel-double loop. The 15-year-old Japanese skater tried to become the first woman to pull off the tricky combination at an international championship, but she managed only a single loop after executing the triple axel. (AP)


Below, I will be featuring some photos from JapanStreet.com, which collects photos of Japanese fashion as it changes.

CITY : Osaka
LOCATION : Amerika Mura
OCCUPATION : Student
AGE : 16


CITY : Osaka
LOCATION : Amerika Mura
OCCUPATION : Student
AGE : 16

CITY : Osaka
LOCATION : Amerika Mura
OCCUPATION : NEET (Not in Education Employment Training)
AGE : 23




<< Return to the Front Page


3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

東京大学!
WoW! That's one tough school to get into!
Starting May, I'll be in 鈴鹿国際大学 in Mie.
Not very far off from Suzuka Circuit... Home of Japanese Grand Prix! Any F1 fans out there?
Anyone thinking of visiting Mie might want to sample some Matsusaka Beef and visit Ueno Castle... Birthplace of the NINJA! :)

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's try Gunbusters (OVA) because my sister and I voted for this TV Show out of all the others. Besides, my brother, sister and I love violent movies! Well, it doesn't have to be violent but we like shows with guns and swords, like Bleach! I MISS BLEACH SO MUCH!!! I LOVED SUZUKA AND BLEACH!!! GO LUNAR ANIME!!! Unfortunately, I can't watch these shows anymore (BOO HOO!!!). Please, decide on my family's favorite choice! We watch Ani-Pock shows everyday!!! Oh, and next show, PLEASE BE KOREAN!!! MY FRIENDS AND I CAN TRANSLATE IT!!! I'M NOT KOREAN, BUT I KNOW ALOT OF KOREAN!!!

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pocky! Thank you for agreeing to my comment. Please write on the blog, "Thanks to Shelli for pointing out the right TV Show for Ani-Pock" or maybe something catchy. I want to prove to my sister that how much I love helping you, though this is my 3rd ever comment... Oh! And my real name is Shelli just to tell you (PLEASE DON'T TELL, MY DAD WILL GET MAD!!!)

 


Post a Comment

Hey I want to see more cool stuff!!

(Oldest) September 2005 October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 (Most Recent)